This three-day intensive program certifies change professionals across a range of disciplines in the globally recognised Prosci Change Management methodology, equipping them to successfully manage the people side of change and achieve outcomes.
It is available as a public program in locations across Australia and New Zealand and can also be delivered on-site for your organisation anywhere in the world.
The Prosci Change Management methodology is a proven, practical, approach based on Prosci’s 20 years of best practices research with over 3,400 participants globally and is endorsed by the PMI, AIPM and Change Management Institute.
Please contact us for in-house program fees
* Conditions apply, see shopping cart for details
Public program timings:
Residential: 3 days plus welcome dinner
Welcome dinner and introduction: 6:30pm (compulsory)
Day 1: 8.30am - 5.30pm
Day 2: 8.30am - 5.30pm, dinner 6.15pm - 7.15pm, final session 7.30pm - 9.30pm
Day 3: 8.30am - 3.45pm (except Wellington, New Zealand which is 8.00am - 3.15pm on day 3)
Non-residential: 3 days
Day 1: Registration from 7:30am – 8:00am
Day 1: 8.30am - 5.30pm
Day 2: 8.30am - 5.30pm
Day 3: 8.30am - 5.30pm
(Note:100% attendance required for certification, so please do not plan to leave earlier than the scheduled finish time)
In-house program timings:
3 days (day program or residential)
8.30am - 5.30pm or tailored hours to suit your organisation
- Change Managers;
- Project Managers, Program Managers, project teams;
- Business project leaders;
- IT leaders and specialists;
- Process Improvement, Lean and Six Sigma Specialists
- Corporate communications professionals;
- HR, OD and L&D specialists
The action-learning format of this program, means participants bring a current workplace change to the program and apply the Prosci methodology and tools to prepare a Change Management Plan, which they present to the group for coaching and feedback.
This practical approach is engaging, embeds the learning and fast-tracks workplace implementation of the Change Management Plan.
A unique feature of this program is that individual coaching and mentoring is provided to meet your individual needs, whether you are new to Change Management or an experienced practitioner.
All our programs are facilitated by a Prosci Advanced Instructor, supported by one or more Coaches who are senior Prosci Certified Change Managers with extensive experience as a Change Managers.
Plus AIPM and PMI members earn professional development credits:
PMI members: 24 PDUs (REP3000)
AIPM members: 20 CPD points (Course Code BHCACP)
- Three days of tuition by a Prosci Advanced Instructor;
- Coaching from a senior, experienced Prosci Certified Change Manager;
- Public residential programs only: All meals and accommodation;
- Prosci Change Management Resources valued at AUD1,400/NZD1600 per person:
- Prosci Practitioner eToolkit (1 year subscription renewable at USD400/year)
- Prosci Best Practices in Change Management Benchmarking Report;
- ADKAR® - A model for change by Jeffrey M Hiatt;
- Change Management: The People Side of Change, by Jeffrey M Hiatt and Timothy J Creasey;
- The Employee’s Survival Guide to Managing Change by Jeffrey M Hiatt;
- Program slide pack and course materials.
- Change Management Overview
- ROI of Change Management - why Change Management?
- Change Management Best Practices
- Prosci ADKAR Model
- Change Concepts
- Guided tour of Prosci Practitioner eToolkit
- Prosci Change Management Process - Phase 1: Preparing for Change
- Phase 2: Managing Change
- Presentation of Change Management Plans for feedback and coaching
- Phase 3: Reinforcing Change
- Integrating Change Management and Project Management;
- Prosci Change Management Maturity Model
- Certification Exam
- Graduation and Presentation of Prosci Certification.
1. Download and save to the laptop you will bring to the program:
- Project summary
- Prosci PCT assessment
- Prosci Change Definition Checklist
- Presentation template (to be used during the program – do not complete as pre-work)
2. Complete and email to us:
Select a current or recent change project in your organisation – it will be the ‘test case’ you use during the program. Complete these documents, email to firstname.lastname@example.org and bring a copy to the program:
- Project summary - includes tips on project selection (allow 30 minutes)
- Prosci PCT assessment (allow 15 minutes)
- Prosci Change Definition Checklist (allow 5 minutes)
Chapters 1 – 7 of ADKAR – A model for change in business government and our community, by Jeffrey Hiatt and if possible, the complete book (allow 1.5 - 2 hours). Please click here for an overview of the ADKAR: A model for Change in Business, Government, and Our Community book. One week before your program you will receive the audio version of the book with your Prosci Portal access. Your paperback copy of the book will be waiting for you at the commencement of the program.
- Prosci Guide to Change Management Concepts (30 minutes)
4. Logon to the Portal
One week before the program, you will receive an email from email@example.com asking you to activate your Portal account. Log in, click on the ‘Practitioner eToolkit’ icon in the ‘My Resources’ area and download the following to your laptop for use during the program:
- Impact Index Assessment (in Downloads, under Assessments)
- Library of Figures (under Downloads, under Presentations)
What to bring with you to the program
- Laptop (not tablet/iPad), laptop power cable, Microsoft Office 2007 and above (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) or Microsoft 2008 for Mac and above (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), USB port (not encrypted) or hub
- USB stick
- Copy of your completed pre-work
- Dress code is smart casual
- Delegate checklist
Adelaide: Rydges Adelaide
Auckland: Crown Plaza Auckland
Brisbane: Mercure Clear Mountain Lodge
Canberra: Cliftons Canberra
Melbourne: Glen Erin At Lancefield
Melbourne: Karstens Training and Conference Centre
Perth: Novotel Perth Langley
Perth: The Sebel Mandurah
Sydney: The Sebel Harbourside Kiama
Wellington: Copthorne Hotel And Resort Solway Park, Wairarapa
Because our team of Facilitators and Coaches are all highly experienced in using Prosci on projects, they provide practical guidance on tailoring the Prosci approach to the unique challenges of individual projects.
Our Facilitators are all Prosci Advanced Instructors, audited by Prosci as achieving the high global standards required to teach and certify others in the Prosci methodology - plus they are seasoned Change Management practitioners.
Our Coaches are Prosci Certified Practitioners, with years of experience in successfully applying the Prosci methodology to a wide range of projects, in diverse organisations and cultures.
Tap into our team’s passion and expertise and accelerate your professional development with a unique, five learning experience.
Is any prior knowledge of change management or project management needed to attend?
There is no prior knowledge of change management needed, but some exposure or experience on BAU change or projects will be helpful, but not essential. The program is designed to cater for people new to change management through to experienced practitioners. Plus our Coaches are on hand to support people new to change management.
I am attending a public residential program. Do I need to stay at the venue?
Yes, we require all public program participants to stay at the venue for three nights, for the following reasons:
- It’s an immersion learning experience, a rare opportunity to learn, apply and discuss change management with colleagues for three days and nights, free from interruptions.
- We have early start times and late finish times, with an evening session on day 2 that finishes at about 9pm.
- It fosters networking with fellow participants and the Prosci team.
We appreciate that the residential format can be difficult for people with children and so participants are welcome to bring babies or children with them, with a carer or partner. The participant will need to cover the cost of additional guests and meals direct with the hotel - our team can provide more information.
I am attending a public residential program. Do I need to be there at 6.30pm for the welcome dinner?
We require all participants arrive by this time as the program kicks off at dinner, with introductions and key information about the program. If you’d like to discuss your personal circumstances that may prevent you from arriving at this time, please contact our team.
If you arrange with us to arrive before the program starts at 8.30am the next day, we are unable to reduce the cost of the registration fee as the venue accommodation is supplied as a package.
What if I don't have a current change project - can I bring a completed project?
Yes, you can bring a project that you previously worked on, and do a "look back and learn" where you apply the Prosci methodology and tools and create a change management plan, using the insights and learning that you gained from the project. Previous participants tell us this is a really valuable approach.
How do I choose a change project to bring to the program?
Select a project in the early planning or design stages and that you are working on, so you are familiar with:
- The purpose and rationale for the change
- The project plan
- The Sponsor, the key stakeholders and the groups who will be impacted by the change and the leaders of these impacted groups
- The organisational structure, culture, leadership and operating environment - formal and informal, how things get done
If you have a large program with multiple projects, it will be too large for a training environment, so narrow it down to a project, a country, business unit, or other sub set of the program.
More guidelines for selecting a project are included in the Project Summary document in the pre work section on this page or contact our Client Services Team.
How can I protect a confidential project?
We understand the need to preserve confidentiality and so we offer the following options. Choose which level suits you, advise our Client Services team and we will do the rest.
All delegates can disguise project names, organisation names and other details as they need to.
Level 1: Standard - Delegate does their project break out activities in the conference room or syndicate room with others and presents their change management plan to a small group with a Prosci Facilitator or Coach.
Level 2: Protected - Delegate does their project break out activities in a private area and presents their change management plan to a Prosci Facilitator or Coach.
Level 3: Non Disclosure Agreement - As per Level 2 and the Prosci team will sign a Non Disclosure Agreement provided by the delegate.
If you cancel 30 days or more before the program start date, 100% of the registration fee is refundable with a $250 administration fee deducted.
If you cancel 21 – 29 days before the program start date, 50% of the registration fee is refundable with a $250 administration fee deducted.
If you cancel 20 days or less from the program start date, 100% of the registration fee is non–refundable.
Transferring to another program
If you notify us 21 days or more before the program start date, you may transfer to any other program with a $250 administration fee payable.
If you notify us 20 days or less before the program start date, we regret we are unable to transfer you to another program. However, you are welcome to substitute another participant at any time at no additional charge.
Prosci shares participants’ contact information it collects with Prosci Inc. for documentation and Certification tracking purposes. Prosci is under contractual obligations to keep this information confidential and will not share this information for marketing or any other purpose.